High Density Polyethylene has a good chemical resistance to almost all acids and bases, detergents and hot water. HDPE has good insulation properties and is easy to weld. The operating temperature is from -58 °F to +194 °F.
- low density
- high toughness (also at low temperature)
- high elongation
- very good electrical and dielectric properties
- very low water absorption
- low steam permeability
- high chemical resistance
- good protection against stress cracking
- food safe
- soft surface (low tensile strength)
- HF welding not recommended
- natural color is not weather resistant
Transport containers, pumps and valve parts, parts in the tank construction, components with medical applications, gaskets, sliding profiles, components for the food industry.
A variant of HDPE with improved electrical conductivity.
Volume resistivity ≤ 104 Ω x cm
Surface resistivity ≤ 105 Ω