The ultra high molecular weight Polyethylene has a high abrasion resistance (very good glide characteristics) and a high toughness at the same time. The chemical and the crack resistance are optimized in comparison to the standard PE-HD. The operating temperature of PE-UHMW is from -150 °C to +90 °C.
- Low density
- Very good wear resistance
- Very high abrasion resistance
- High toughness (also at low temperature)
- High elongation at break
- Very good electrical and dielectric properties
- Very low water absorption
- Low steam permeability
- High chemical resistance
- Good protection against stress cracking
- Food safe
Pumping and valve parts, gaskets, glide profiles, parts for the food industry.