Polyetheretherketone can be used at very high temperatures (+480 °F) and it shows an extraordinary mechanical strength, toughness, hardness, flexural strength, torsional strength. PEEK exhibits excellent chemical resistance, very good dielectric properties up to +480 °F and a very good resistance to all kinds of radiation. Importantly it is self-extinguishing according to UL 94.
- very high mechanical strength
- very high rigidity
- very high thermal stability
- very high dimensional stability
- very high radiation resistance
- very high hydrolysis resistance
- notch impact-strength relatively low
- low resistance to acetone
- high wear resistance at higher temperatures
Bearing shells, piston rings, valve seats, gears, seals, aviation, pump vanes, fittings, plug connectors, wafer carriers, semiconductor industry.
Reinforced with 10% of each PTFE, graphite and carbonfibre. Very good friction and wear and tear properties.
Reinforced with 30% glass fibre.