Polyethylene terephthalate shows high tensile and mechanical strength, hardness and toughness, low friction and a high dimensional stability. PET may be used at temperatures ranging from -20 °C to approx. +100 °C.
- high mechanical resistance and tensile strength
- high surface strength
- easy to varnish and polish
- high dimensional stability
- high toughness
- good electrical insulating properties
- high chemical resistance
- limited dielectric properties
- sensitive to hydrolysis
Bearings, pumps and parts for housings, frame components, tank lids, cogwheels, insulators for the electrical engineering, deflection rollers for the filament industry, levers, handles, control discs.